This position will be responsible for maintenance on trucks and tank trailers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years’ experience as a diesel mechanic or
- Diesel mechanics degree from an accredited college
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions.
- Ability to write reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a team building environment
- Vehicle maintenance including but not limited to: oil changes, tire changes, engine repairs, tank repairs, tank testing, light repairs, brake adjustments, transmission repairs.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Maintain all vehicles in the fleet in good standing with FMCSA and CVSA Inspection Requirements.
- Complete and maintain vehicle files in concurrence with FMCSA Regulations.
- Maintain the shop and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to meet company goals and objectives.
- Meet with senior management as needed to discuss results and offer recommended solutions.
- Adhere strictly to guidelines and/or instructions provided by senior management
- Develop high proficiency with vital company programs including PeopleNet, Microsoft Outlook
- Continually develop and implement improved planning methods, processes, and program enhancements to elevate
performanceof maintenance functions.
- Determine driver and equipment needs and submit all such recommendations to the maintenance manager for critique and approval.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently