We recognize that fuel truck safety is an important part of our business. Operating safely is a responsibility we have to our employees, our customers, and the communities in which we travel. Through our continued commitment to creating a culture of safety, we are one of the safest fuel transportation companies in our industry.
Our Fuel Truck Safety Guidelines
We perform regular maintenance on our fleet to ensure road safety and align with all necessary regulations. Every fuel truck is equipped with an on-board computer system to alert us of any mechanical concerns, and our drivers are trained to spot concerns.
Driver training is crucial to the development of a new driver, and each driver follows a strict fuel truck safety training protocol. All new drivers are assigned to one of our Certified Driver Trainers when hired, who they work with for 21 days.
During this time the trainee will learn our operations and procedures, defensive driving tactics, and the proper way to load and unload the transport with safety being the top priority. New drivers must also attend classroom training within 60 days of being hired. Drivers will not be released for regular duty until our Certified Driver Trainer recommends so.
Drivers will continue to receive training throughout their employment with Waccamaw Transport. We want our drivers to be up-to-date on the latest recommendations and requirements, and have quarterly safety meetings where we cover many important topics from safe driving habits to updates with Federal Regulations. We also offer online training as well as many other classroom sessions that will be done during a drivers employment. At Waccamaw Transport, we understand that fuel truck safety is part of the Golden Service motto and our responsibility to our community.
A Proud Record of Safety
Over the last several years Waccamaw Transport has received numerous awards for employee and highway safety. These awards were voted on by the NCTA, FMCSA, and NCSHP. We are very proud of these awards and they would not be possible without our commitment to fuel truck safety from our employees and management. The list of previous awards includes:
- 2008 Winner of the NCTA Industrial Safety Contest
- 2008 Winner NCTA Zero Lost Workday Incidents
- 2010 Runner-Up NCTA Highway Safety Award (Under 5 million mile category)
- 2011 Winner NCTA Highway Safety Award (Under 5 million mile category)
- 2011 Winner NCTA Highway Safety Award for the Local Delivery Category
- 2011 NCTA Overall Grand Champion Award for Highway Safety (All Categories)
- 2011 AAA Safety Ambassador Award for the safest fleet in North Carolina
- 2013 Winner of the NCTA Industrial Safety Contest
- 2013 Winner NCTA Zero Lost Workday Incidents
- 2014 Winner of the NCTA Industrial Safety Contest
- 2014 Winner NCTA Zero Lost Workday Incidents
- 2016 Runner-Up NCTA Industrial Safety Contest
- 2016 Winner NCTA Zero Lost Workday Incidents
Michael Mason, CDS
Safety & HR Director
Waccamaw Transport Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 469
Clinton, NC 28329
Direct Line- 910-596-4365
Direct Fax- 910-299-0867