This position will be responsible for logistics planning, scheduling, equipment, and delivery activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 Year College Degree or Equivalent Transportation Experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions.
- Ability to write reports, and create and maintain spreadsheets
- Ability to organize and process daily delivery documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a team building environment
20 employees including truck drivers.
- Ensure work coverage is sufficient to provide quality customer service on a continuous basis. This includes monitoring driver absences, customer orders and responding as needed to
efficientlyprevent potential adverse business impact.
- Work closely with
DispatchManager to fulfill all customer related service obligations.
- Thoroughly analyze customer trends, critique deficiencies & weaknesses, propose alternatives to improve service
- Identify and act on opportunities to increase revenues, reduce costs and improve profitability
- Meet with senior management as needed to discuss results and offer recommended solutions
- Adhere strictly to guidelines and/or instructions provided by senior management
- Balance ongoing customer delivery demands with available equipment and driver resources in order to maximize income opportunities
- Inform customers of current problems and expedite resolutions
- Monitor customer orders declined and identify specific reasons and offer recommended solutions
- Make sure customer delivery instructions are handled as required and
insuresufficient documentation is retained for validation
- Develop high proficiency with vital company programs including TMW, PeopleNet, Simmons, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Maintain targeted inventory levels at all times to avoid product outages and schedule deliveries at price savings whenever possible
- Continually develop and implement improved planning methods, processes, and program enhancements to elevate performance of dispatch functions
- Determine driver and equipment needs and submit all such recommendations to senior management for critique and approval
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently