This position will be responsible for operating company owned Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV’s) to deliver petroleum products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must obtain a Class A CDL with Tanker & HazMat Endorsements and a valid Medical Card.
- Entry Level training certificate from an accredited truck driving school or Equivalent Transportation Experience
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions.
- Consent to and pass a pre-employment DOT Drug Screen
- Be age 21 or above
- Consent to and pass a WorkSteps Fit for Duty Physical
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a team building environment
- Adhere to all applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to the FMCSA and EPA.
- Operate Waccamaw CMV’s including coupling and uncoupling trailers, fueling tractors, and testing tire pressure.
- Climb transport ladders and walk top platform of the trailer to check compartments for fuel retained.
- Properly complete the required paperwork including, but not limited to, Waccamaw delivery tickets, relative fuel reports, DOT logs, and
other shipper/delivery reports.
- Safely load and unload the trailer to include coupling and uncoupling 20 feet long 4 inch wide hoses. This includes top and bottom loading and pump-offs/pump-outs.
- Act responsibly and according to company policy regarding spills and/or product contamination.
- Tolerate exposure to gasoline vapors.
- Be able to withstand temperatures ranging from 25 degrees to 100 degrees F.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Keep customer and company information confidential at all times.
- Adhere strictly to guidelines and/or instructions provided by senior management
- Make sure customer delivery instructions are handled as required and
insuresufficient documentation is retained for validation
24 hourloading authority at enough terminals to be utilized as a nightand/or weekend driver.
- Attend Quarterly Safety Meetings and any scheduled training classes.
- Present good personal appearance and a good attitude to the public and our customers.
- Meet attendance standards, be trustworthy, use sound judgment, be safety conscious and service oriented.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently